With Summer fast approaching the need to consume all things cold becomes a necessity. Whether it’s as a refreshing alternative or survival tactic in the high heat, what better way to stay cool as a cucumber than having one of the simplest yet finest coffee desserts….the Long & Short Affogato.
Italian cuisine has long built its reputation on simple recipes done extremely well with the finest of ingredients. This Affogato is no exception. Vanilla ice cream lathered in speciality coffee with a drizzle of Amaretto liqueur. All garnished above with chocolate and nuts it caters for the most stubborn of dessert critics. The fact it can take under 2 mins to prepare makes it all the more sweeter. So to my fellow coffee lovers I implore you to try this superb dessert!
Long and Short Affogato Recipe
- Add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream to a short glass
- Add 1 shot of Long and Short Espresso speciality coffee (option to use cold brew concentrate coming soon!)
- Add 1 teaspoon of Amaretto liqueur
Extra special options
- Shower with Cocoa powder or grated dark chocolate
- Sprinkle over almond nut flakes or crushed walnuts
- Serve with an Amaretto biscuit for panache